Day 4: Adapting to Change
May 8, 2021
“If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.”Jack Kornfield
Adapting to Change
Today we discuss how adapting to change start with self-awareness and self-compassion. Our challenge during these times are to remain flexible, resilient and adaptive.
“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”– Anonymous
- Self Compassion is relating to ourselves kindly, v. self esteem which is judging ourselves positively.
- We must treating ourselves with kindness
- Common humanity (shared suffering, shared imperfection) – V. separation and isolation as a result of imperfection.
- Mindfulness:Day 4 being with what is in the present moment
Practice: (15 min)
- Guided Self Compassion Practice led by Sara