Move Mountains provides the planning and facilitation for veteran family retreat weekends for PatriotList.org. Together, we serve wounded veterans through family based mountain retreats in beautiful Lake Tahoe, Nevada. During a series of outdoor adventures, over four days, families learn to focus on self awareness, compassion, and trust resulting in a closer family dynamic.
Our retreat is based out of the magnificent Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino.
- Provide opportunities for families of wounded veterans to build meaningful memories and develop healthy communication patterns within the family.
- Relate the “team” approach of military training to the veteran’s family – providing trust building and awareness developing adventures to allow for the refortification of a strong family foundation.
- Provide tools and a community resource for ongoing family support and wellness.
- Families will be able to identify key communication patterns for healthy relationships within the family.
- Families will be able to reflect on adventures that will bring laughter and courage.
- Families will be able to explain and practice 10 actions that help family members approach day-to- day living with awareness and positive intention.
- Families will be able to demonstrate basic competency in lake kayaking and mountain wilderness travel.
We aim to make Patriot families stronger, but we cannot achieve our goals alone. Find out how you can help and visit PatriotList.org to learn more!